Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Zoom Lens
This EF-S lens brings true wide-angle to telephoto coverage to EOS 20D camera, EOS 30D camera, and Digital Rebel camera photographers. It features Canon’s Image Stabilization system, allowing safe hand-held photography at shutter speeds up to three steps slower than otherwise possible. And of course, it’s optically optimized for digital SLRs. A ring-type USM delivers fast and silent auto focus, as well as full-time manual focus when in the AF mode.
The EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM lens provides a 5x zoom ratio and an angle of view equivalent to a 27-136mm lens on a 35mm camera. The lens also uses a glass-molded aspherical lens element with aspherical surfaces on both sides for superb image quality throughout the entire zoom range and it features a closest focusing distance of 30 cm at all focal lengths. The EF-S 17-85mm IS lens is 5% shorter and 12% lighter than the EF 28-135mm IS lens and accepts 67mm filters.
- Uses optics designed to take full advantage of the small image circle and short back focus in EF-S lenses
- Features three aspherical lens elements for high image quality at all focal lengths
- Optimized lens coating minimizing flare and ghosting prone occurring with digital cameras
- Image Stabilizer gives equivalent effect of a shutter speed three stops faster during hand-held shooting
- Ring-type USM provides ultra-quite, super-fast, precision auto focusing and predictive tracking
- Circular aperture diaphragm produces brilliant out-of-focus characteristics
- Front & Rear Lens Caps
- 1-Year Warranty