Canon PowerShot A810 Silver
The PowerShot A810 digital camera delivers real value: excellent, easy-to-achieve image quality at an affordable price. With Smart Auto, there's no fussing with camera settings; the camera automatically optimizes setting for 32 predefined shooting situations. Video is smooth and gorgeous in 720p HD - just press the dedicated movie button to start shooting. This is a high-resolution, high performance camera, with a 16.0 Megapixel Image Sensor and DIGIC 4 Image Processor. Zoom in and get more image in every shot with the 5x Optical Zoom with 28mm Wide-Angle lens; Digital IS ensures blur-free shooting. Fun Scene Modes for exciting effects, a Help button with easy explanations, and easy AA battery power all add up to make the PowerShot A810 digital camera a smart choice!
- Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper camera settings based on 32 predefined shooting situations for capturing spectacular images with ease.
- Shoot brilliant 720p HD video with a dedicated movie button.
- A 16.0 Megapixel Image Sensor with DIGIC 4 Image Processor for exceptional performance.
- 5x Optical Zoom with 28mm Wide-Angle lens delivers stunning images.
- Digital IS reduces the effect of camera shake and subject movement.
- Scene Modes such as Fisheye Effect, Toy Camera Effect and Monochrome provide creative freedom to capture your photos.
- Help Button provides simple explanations and easy controls of your settings.
- AA-battery operation enables you to easily power up on the go.
A Smarter Camera Means Better Photos
Photographers of all levels appreciate a camera – especially a go-anywhere compact digital – that takes the hassle out of capturing beautiful images. The PowerShot A810 gives you Smart AUTO – sophisticated Canon technology that makes getting that great shot as simple as pressing the shutter button. Smart AUTO automatically detects scenes by assessing various factors in both the background and the subject. Detected scenes are analyzed using 32 predefined shooting situations. The camera then makes optimal settings to ensure the best possible image capture when shooting still images. Smart AUTO also includes Advanced Subject Detection, which allows the camera to detect and track non-human moving subjects like animals and vehicles. With Smart AUTO, all you have to do is frame your shot and capture away.
Shooting Modes/Special Scene Modes
- Smart AUTO The camera automatically selects the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on subjects and environmental factors to provide point-and-shoot simplicity.
- Program The camera automatically and intelligently selects the aperture/shutter speed combination based on the shooting conditions.
- Live View Control Enables Brightness, Colour, and Tone adjustments to your images using easy-to-understand controls.
- Digital IS The camera digitally corrects image blur by analyzing the subject prior to choosing the best correction method.
- Portrait Brings the subject into focus while beautifully blurring the background.
- Face Self-timer The camera waits for a face to enter the frame before releasing the shutter.
- Low Light For high quality image capture in an amazing range of dimly lit situations.
- Fisheye Effect Now you can get the fisheye effect – a classic photographic distortion – without a fisheye lens.
- Miniature Effect Give images a miniature look with an effect that emphasizes perspective by blurring the top and bottom of the image.
- Toy Camera Effect Simulates photos taken with “toy” or pinhole cameras, darkening the image at the edges to create a vignette effect.
- Monochrome Choose from three single-tone effects: Black-and-White, Sepia, or Blue.
- Super Vivid Super Vivid intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colours.
- Poster Effect Poster Effect combines several similar shades into one colour, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
- Snow Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects or an unnatural bluish tint.
- Fireworks Create brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Long Shutter Use to blur moving subjects for artistic effect, ideal for urban night photography.
- Discreet Mode Disables flash, AF assist beam, and all camera sounds with one mode dial setting–so you can capture images in quiet areas.
- iFrame Movie The Apple® movie format, iFrame, makes it easier and quicker to import and upload videos while retaining high image quality.
Gorgeous HD Video From Your Still Camera
You can shoot high definition video anytime, anywhere right from the pocket-sized PowerShot A810 digital camera. With a simple push of the dedicated movie button, you'll be able to instantly record every moment in motion. 720p HD video is smooth, vivid, and beautifully lifelike, making it an ideal way to capture special memories. In addition to being able to shoot 720p HD video at 25 frames per second, the PowerShot A810 can also shoot 640 x 480 VGA video at 30* frames per second.
Dedicated Movie Button for Easy Video Capture
It’s never been easier to shoot videos with a PowerShot digital camera. To make shooting video as natural as snapping pictures, the PowerShot A810 has a dedicated movie button. No need to plan ahead, no need to search through menus on the LCD screen; when you feel a moment would be best captured in 720p HD, simply press the button and recording begins. The camera is always ready to shoot stills or video whenever you want.
With the PowerShot A810 digital camera, you can also shoot video in the Apple® iFrame format, which is a computer-friendly standard that speeds up importing and editing of videos. It keeps file sizes small, making it more convenient to upload or e-mail high-quality videos. The iFrame format enjoys native support in compatible Mac and Windows video applications, making it unnecessary to perform time-consuming and often quality-degrading conversions.
High Resolution, Highly Advanced Performance
With the camera’s 16.0 Megapixels of resolution, your images are rich and clear, with textures and tiny details faithfully reproduced even at the long end of the big 5x Optical Zoom. This high level of resolution is ideal for creating the largest prints, and allows you the flexibility to blow up and crop any section of an image to express your creativity. The DIGIC 4 Image Processor powers the camera's advanced systems and features, ensuring fast, reliable performance with low battery consumption.
DIGIC 4 Image Processor
Canon DIGIC Image Processors have set the standard for functionality and performance since their groundbreaking introduction in 1999. With each successive generation, DIGIC processors have brought elevated performance and powerful new features to PowerShot digital cameras. The DIGIC 4 Image Processor has ushered in a new level of picture quality and accelerated processing, making possible features such as high-speed continuous shooting, HD video, and Face Detection Self-timer.
Zoom in on Wider Shots
Despite its slim profile, the PowerShot A810 digital camera houses a powerful Genuine Canon 5x Optical Zoom Lens that delivers outstanding optical performance and versatility. The zoom starts at 28mm wide-angle and extends to 140mm telephoto (35mm equivalent), covering a wide and highly useful range. The telephoto reach gives you the freedom to capture subjects from afar, while the 28mm wide-angle makes it easy to shoot sweeping landscapes, large groups of people, and tall buildings.
Say Goodbye to Blur
Digital IS beats the blur that mars many shots by recognizing the main subject, then automatically applying the camera shake correction that best suits the situation. If the subject is a person, blur reduction processing is performed. For landscapes, cityscapes and other still scenes, the camera takes 3 quick successive shots and composes them into a single clear image. If the subject is moving, the camera takes 3 successive shots, and then automatically saves the clearest image.
Spectacular Effects Made Easy
You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to create upscale photographic effects with the PowerShot A810 digital camera's Scene Modes. No special lenses are necessary, just a one-step camera setting. Scene Modes include Fisheye Effect for the classic convex distortion; Toy Camera Effect that recreates the toy or pinhole camera look; and Monochrome that adds a distinct single-tone effect to your photos.
Help You Won't Need Help to Find
The PowerShot A810 digital camera is designed to be fun and easy to use, even for beginners. A new Help Button on the camera’s exterior brings up the help menu any time you need it, right on the LCD screen. From here, you can scroll through a variety of topics that answer your questions with clear explanations, offer helpful shooting advice, and show you diagrams highlighting the position of any buttons you'll need.
Power on the Go
Conveniently, you don’t need to worry about running out of batteries or having to recharge them. Since AA-size batteries can be purchased at any store, simply get new ones locally - wherever you go, no special power adapters or chargers are needed.
A Colour Just Right for You
While the classic black camera will always be right for a lot of photographers, Canon recognizes that others will long for colours that express their individuality. Accordingly, the PowerShot A810 digital camera is offered in a range of hues from subtle to vibrant, fun to chic. Take your pick from black, silver, and red.
- PowerShot A810 (Silver)
- AA-size Alkaline Battery (x2)
- Wrist Strap WS-800
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- Limited Warranty