Canon PowerShot Elph 320 HS Black w/ Case
Superb image quality, modern convenience and plenty of fun pack the elegantly designed ELPH 320 HS from Canon. Built-in Wi-Fi lets you share images and beautiful 1080p Full HD videos anywhere, while the 3.2-inch wide PureColour System LCD responds to your touch for an interactive shooting experience. The 16.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS Sensor and DIGIC 5 Image Processor create Canon’s HS SYSTEM, letting you capture exceptional images even in low light. See how expressive your simple shots become with the 24mm Wide-Angle lens with 5x Optical Zoom. Great image quality is easy with improved Smart AUTO that optimizes camera settings for 58 predefined shooting situations, and Intelligent IS that ensures clear, stable images under any shooting conditions.
- Built-in WiFi allows you to wirelessly share your images and video through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY; on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube or to a PC. Upload virtually anywhere on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch device with the free Canon Camera Window app*, and even share images between Wi-Fi enabled PowerShot cameras.
- Canon's HS SYSTEM with a 16.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor and DIGIC 5 Image Processor for exceptional low-light performance.
- Shoot beautiful 1080p Full HD video in stereo sound with a dedicated movie button; zoom while shooting and play back videos on an HDTV via the HDMI output.
- Ultra-slim camera with 24mm Wide-Angle lens and 5x Optical Zoom delivers stunning images and allows you to capture more in your frame.
- A 3.2-inch wide touch panel PureColour System LCD offers easy and intuitive operation, and Touch Shutter makes shooting easy and interactive.
- Improved Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper camera settings based on 58 predefined shooting situations and the new Face ID function adjusts focus and exposure priority based on pre-registered faces.
- Intelligent IS automatically chooses from six different modes to optimize image stabilization for the shooting condition.
A Camera That Fits Your Lifestyle.
Select PowerShot models feature built-in WiFi wireless technology making captured images and HD videos available easily for effortless sharing to friends and family. Compatible with WiFi (802.11 b/g/n wireless standard), these cameras can connect with compatible home networks or to wireless access points. You can easily share your images and videos by signing up on CANON iMAGE GATEWAY –an online service that lets you store images to an online album, and share your images on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Upload images virtually anywhere, via your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch mobile devices by installing the free Canon Camera Window app (the Android app is under development*). This app makes it easy to select and save images stored on your iOS device‡ and upload them to social networking sites, or email. Even without a mobile device, it is possible to send images to a PC, or even transfer images between WiFi enabled PowerShot cameras.
* iOS app will be available in March 2012 and the Android app will be available in May 2012.
‡ Compatible with iOS 4.3 or later.
Experience the Power.
Canon HS SYSTEM
The Canon HS SYSTEM lets you take bright, clear photos in an even wider range of shooting situations. Beautiful low-light shots are possible with minimal noise and maximum detail in highlight and shadow areas. The system is the result of two technologies brought together in PowerShot cameras: a high-sensitivity imaging sensor, which is able to capture more light; and the DIGIC Image Processor, which actively reduces noise with high-speed image processing. The 16.1 Megapixel Canon CMOS sensor in the PowerShot ELPH 320 HS incorporates advanced light reception technology that enhances sensitivity. The new DIGIC 5 Image Processor provides a major boost in noise reduction, expanding the usable ISO range to an amazing high of ISO 3200. The Canon HS SYSTEM thus lets you use higher shutter speeds to capture clearer images with reduced noise and blur.
Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor
The latest-generation Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor brings phenomenal increases in processing speed and power. Improved chip architecture and algorithms deliver greatly expanded functionality with further refinement in image quality. Improved noise reduction produces clearer images when shooting in low light at high ISO speeds. Enhanced i-Contrast performance adjusts differences between light and dark areas to achieve even more natural-looking results. The faster processing speed also results in faster continuous shooting capability while maintaining full image quality. The DIGIC 5 Image Processor also makes possible a new, highly advanced automatic white balance system. Whereas conventional white balance makes an overall adjustment based on a single type of light source, the new Canon Multi-Area White Balance analyzes several areas of the image to determine whether different adjustments are needed, for example, for the main subject and the background.
Memorable Moments in Spectacular Full HD.
Canon Full HD Video Advantage
In addition to the Canon HS SYSTEM, the combination of the advanced CMOS sensor and DIGIC 5 Image Processor in the PowerShot ELPH 320 HS makes it possible to shoot crisp, clear high definition video. Imagine the fun and excitement of being able to shoot spectacular 1080p Full HD video with stereo sound that you can later watch on your HDTV or download to your computer to share with family and friends. In addition to being able to shoot Full HD 1080p video at 24* frames per second, the PowerShot ELPH 320 HS can also shoot 720p HD video at 30** frames per second.
Dedicated Movie Button, Wind filter feature and Optical Zoom for easy video capture
It’s never been easier to shoot videos with a PowerShot digital camera. The PowerShot ELPH 320 HS has a dedicated movie button that lets you start and stop recording instantly. There is no need to go through layers of menus or operate switches or dials to switch to and from video recording mode. The camera is always ready to shoot stills or video whenever you want. The PowerShot ELPH 320 HS also incorporates an electronic wind filter, which suppresses wind noise that can muffle or distort the sound. And unlike less sophisticated point-and-shoot cameras, the PowerShot ELPH 320 HS lets you use the full range of optical zoom when you're shooting a video.
HDTV playback via HDMI output and CEC
It’s easy to enjoy and share the videos you shoot with the PowerShot ELPH 320 HS. Simply connect its HDMI terminal to your HDTV using an HDMI cable. And because the PowerShot ELPH 320 HS supports HDMI-CEC technology, you’ll be able to control the playback of your images and videos on any CEC-enabled HDTV using the TV’s remote control. (CEC – Consumer Electronic Control – is part of the HDMI specification, enabling components in a system to communicate with one another.)
With the PowerShot ELPH 320 HS, you can also shoot video in the Apple® iFrame format, which is a computer-friendly standard that speeds up importing and editing of videos. It keeps file sizes small, making it more convenient to upload or e-mail high-quality videos. The iFrame format enjoys native support in compatible Mac and Windows video applications, making it unnecessary to perform time-consuming and often quality-degrading conversions.
The Leading Edge of Design and Technology.
Beautifully and Astonishingly Thin
At 0.82 inches, the PowerShot ELPH 320 HS is an incredibly slim camera with a 24mm Wide-Angle lens, 5x Optical Zoom, and Optical Image Stabilizer. Its stylish form is enhanced by its lustrous finish, which gives you a choice of four refined colours: Blue, Red, Silver, and Black. But real beauty goes beyond skin deep with the PowerShot ELPH 320 HS digital camera. Amazingly, Canon did not sacrifice performance for style.
5x Optical Zoom with 24mm Wide-Angle Lens
The PowerShot ELPH 320 HS features a powerful Genuine Canon 5x Zoom Lens that delivers outstanding optical performance and versatility. Fitting such a high-performance lens with such wide zoom range into a camera so thin would normally be considered an impossible feat. Canon’s expert optical engineering met the challenge by developing a light-folding retractable-prism lens barrel, which achieves outstanding compactness with high zoom power and superb performance. The zoom starts at 24mm wide-angle and extends to 120mm telephoto (35mm equivalent), covering an exceptionally wide range. The telephoto reach gives you the freedom to capture subjects from a considerable distance, while the 24mm wide-angle makes it easy to shoot sweeping landscapes, large groups of people and tall buildings.
Optical Image Stabilizer
Handheld shooting can often lead to camera shake, making photos and videos blurry. Canon’s Optical Image Stabilizer is a sophisticated system that uses lens-shift technology to correct for unwanted camera movement. It makes handheld photography more practical, providing excellent image quality in many difficult shooting situations: outdoors at dusk, inside without a flash, and even at the telephoto end of the zoom range without a tripod. For photos, it enables shooting at slower shutter speeds, accommodating more low-light shooting situations than ever before without having to boost ISO sensitivity. With camera shake and vibration reduced, you get a sharper, steadier image. And because it is an optical system, there is none of the image degradation typical with electronic image stabilizers.
Get the Shot You Want with Just a Touch.
PureColour LCD System
The PowerShot ELPH 320 HS digital camera’s large and bright 3.2-inch PureColuor LCD wide screen makes it easy to view and frame your shots in high resolution (461,000 dots). PureColour technology delivers excellent contrast with rich, true-to-life colour. Many LCD screens on the market today use a striped arrangement of dots that works great for text and menus, but is not ideal for imagery. The PowerShot ELPH 320 HS’s PureColour System LCD uses a delta arrangement of dots, which works better for the organic nature of photos and videos, allowing you to review your images with exceptional clarity with rich, true-to-life colour. Moreover, you can view the LCD screen over a surprisingly wide angle – above, below or to either side – without colour shifts and with minimal reflections. A scratchproof hard coating and a dust-repellent fluorine coating ensure a durable screen that dependably displays clear, vibrant images. The wide aspect ratio (16:9) provides ample room for information icons and touch buttons, preventing them from getting in the way of the image, and you can enjoy a brilliant full-screen image when shooting or playing back your Full HD videos.
Touch Panel LCD with Touch Shutter
The PowerShot ELPH 320 HS features touch panel technology that makes using the camera more intuitive and fun. Simply touch the screen to choose and track an AF point, change camera settings, record and play videos and much, much more! It also has an innovative Touch Shutter function that allows you to release the shutter right from the screen. Just touch the desired subject with your finger. An AF box will appear and track the subject as it moves. Then just lift your finger to release the shutter. It’s that simple.
A Smarter Camera Means Better Photos and Videos.
Smart AUTO for the PowerShot ELPH 320 HS has been significantly expanded, making it easier than ever to capture the sharp, bright, colourful images – and videos – you’re looking for. By assessing various factors in both the background and the subject, the system recognizes 58 predefined shooting situations and automatically selects the camera settings that will yield the best possible results. Simply frame the shot you want, and in dozens of common or challenging scenarios the camera takes care of the rest. Hardtocapture shots such as moving subjects, night scenes, backlit subjects, and landscapes at evening or on a bright snowy day are instantly and effortlessly captured as "keeper" shots. Smart AUTO makes the PowerShot ELPH 320 HS ideal for capturing excellent quality still images and video on the go.
Shooting Modes/Special Scene Modes
- Smart AUTO The camera automatically selects the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on subjects and environmental factors to provide pointandshoot simplicity.
- Program The camera automatically and intelligently selects the aperture/shutter speed combination based on the shooting conditions.
- Movie Digest in 720p HD Records a video clip in 720p HD before capturing a still image and then combines one day’s worth of clips into a video.
- Portrait Brings the subject into focus while beautifully blurring the background.
- Smooth Skin Removes dullness, wrinkles, and harsh shadows for beautiful faces.
- Smart Shutter The camera automatically takes the photo when people smile, wink, or get into frame.
- HighSpeed Burst Captures rapid action frame by frame, by shooting continuously at a high speed while the shutter button is held down.
- Handheld Night Scene Take clear and steady pictures at night without the use of a tripod.
- Low Light For high quality image capture in an amazing range of dimly lit situations.
- Fisheye Effect Now you can get the fisheye effect — a classic photographic distortion — without a fisheye lens.
- Miniature Effect for Stills & Video Give images and video a miniature look with an effect that emphasizes perspective by blurring the top and bottom of the image.
- Toy Camera Effect Simulates photos taken with “toy” or pinhole cameras, darkening the image at the edges to create a vignette effect.
- Soft Focus Creates a hazy ambiance that’s perfect for portraits and wedding photos.
- Monochrome Choose from three singletone effects: Black and White, Sepia, or Blue.
- Super Vivid Super Vivid intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colours.
- Poster Effect Poster Effect combines several similar shades into one colour, turning subtle gradations into eyecatching, scenepopping contrasts.
- Colour Accent Choose to retain a single colour in your image while other colours turn monochrome.
- Colour Swap Select a colour and replace it with a colour you specify for special effects.
- Snow Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects or an unnatural bluish tint.
- Long Shutter Use to blur moving subjects for artistic effect, ideal for urban night photography.
- iFrame Movie The Apple® movie format, iFrame, makes it easier and quicker to import and upload videos while retaining high image quality.
- Super Slow Motion Movie Record your clips in high speed (approx. 240 fps), and then watch your videos in slow motion.
Face ID is one of the most advanced and exciting new features of the PowerShot ELPH 320 HS, giving you an easy way to improve every shot of the people you love. Simply take a picture of up to 12 faces you would like the camera to register, then enter names and ages. Once a person is registered, the camera will pick him or her out of a group (even against a busy background) and adjust focus and exposure to his or her face, even recognizing faces in profile. Face ID is particularly great for shots of babies and children. The system can pick your baby out of a group of children, focus on your baby when pictured with an adult, and capture her best smile by taking three successive images when the smile is detected. The flash is even disabled so as not to startle the baby and interrupt the moment. Older children in motion are tracked, with focus and exposure continually adjusted with Servo AF; with one shutter press three successive images are captured so the best shot is never missed. And because you’ll identify each face you register, Face ID makes it easy to search images by name.
A Steady Image Is a Beautiful Image.
The latest advance in Canon Optical Image Stabilization technology, Intelligent IS analyzes camera movement and applies the best shake correction method for the shooting situation. For stills, the system automatically selects among Normal, Panning, Macro (Hybrid), and Tripod IS modes. When shooting video, the system automatically selects among Dynamic, Powered, Macro, and Tripod IS modes. With Intelligent IS, you can concentrate on image capture, letting the camera make the most effective IS settings to assure the steadiest possible image.
- Normal Corrects for a wide range of camera movement when shooting stills.
- Panning Panning motion is detected so that IS does not interfere with desired camera movement.
- Macro (Hybrid) Corrects for shifttype camera shake, which typically occurs in macro (closeup) shooting.
- Dynamic Effective for video shooting at wideangle focal lengths, eliminating the unwanted shaking that typically occurs while walking.
- Powered Compensates for hand movement when shooting video at the telephoto end of the zoom range, where camera shake is magnified.
- Tripod When tripod use is detected, the Image Stabilizer is stopped because it is not needed.
- PowerShot ELPH 320 HS (Black)
- Battery Pack NB-11L
- Battery Charger CB-2LD
- Wrist Strap WS-DC10
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- Limited Warranty