Tamron SP AF 70-200mm f/2.8 Di LD IF Macro Lens for Nikon NII w/ Hood
The Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 Di LD (IF) Macro Lens is a telephoto zoom lens that has a large maximum aperture of f/2.8 which remains constant throughout the zoom range. It also offers an excellent close-focusing-distance minimum of just 3.1' (0.95 m) throughout its entire zoom range, with a maximum macro magnification ratio of 1:3.1 at f=200mm. When mounted on an APS-C sensor size digital SLR camera, it provides a focal length equivalent of 112-320mm.
Di (Digitally Integrated Design) is a designation Tamron puts on lenses featuring optical systems designed to meet the performance characteristics of digital SLR cameras. Features like LD glass elements and Internal Focusing put this lens in the same category as the much bigger and more expensive professional Tamron lenses.
While overall dimensions are confined to the absolute minimum, the SP AF70-200mm F/2.8 zoom lens is packed with features that allow stress-free photography: a versatile MFD of just 37.4" over the entire zoom range; best-in-class maximum macro magnification ratio of 1:3.1 at f=200mm; and an advantageous internal focusing (IF) system. The tele-zoom lens covers a desirable focal length range of 70mm medium telephoto to 200mm telephoto when mounted on full-size format SLR cameras and a focal length range from 109mm to 310mm* ultra telephoto when mounted on a DSLR camera with an APS-C sized imager.
*Tamron uses an approx. of 1.55X
Note: Not compatible with the Nikon D3 & D700.
- LD Glass – Two LD glass elements reduce various aberrations while minimizing the fall-off of light at the corners
- Internal Focus – The lens neither extends nor contracts physically when focusing; all moving elements are contained within the lens barre
- Di Design – Digitally Integrated (DI) design lenses are designed to meet the performance characteristics of digital SLR cameras
- Tripod Collar – The tripod mount, detachable in one touch, is made of magnesium alloy that reconcile lightweight and high rigidity, resulting in enhanced balance and ease of use in hand-held shooting
- 70-200mm f/2.8 Di LD (IF) Macro Lens
- Flower-shaped Lens hood