Olympus OM-D E-M5 Silver Kit w/12-50mm Lens
The Beginning of the New.
A new era in Micro Four Thirds technology is about to begin. The new, revolutionary mirrorless camera, the OM-D E-M5, has an exceptionally light and compact body. Its Electronic View Finder enables photographers to check exposure levels, white balance and preview Art Filter effects in real-time. When shooting, the photographer can instantly “create” a truly unique world and preserve it in exceptional quality. The “world” will be transformed from something you see to something you “take part” in.
The OM-D is a groundbreaking, new digital interchangeable lens camera perfect for people who want to “take part”, “create”, and “share”.
- INTELLIGENT ELECTRONIC VIEWFINDER - The High Resolution 1.4 million dot EVF, with a 120 fps refresh rate, is a 100% accurate high eye point electronic viewfinder, delivering precise preview accuracy of highlight/shadow control, white balance and exposure for unlimited creative control. Eye sensor technology provides automatic switching between EVF and 3” tilt monitor. The shooter can choose from three different EVF informational display modes.
- 16 MEGAPIXEL LIVE-MOS SENSOR & TRUEPIC VI IMAGE PROCESSOR - The new 16-megapixel Live-MOS sensor coupled with the newly developed TruePic VI Image Processor delivers increased ISO sensitivity up to a staggering 25,600 ISO level. Fast data readout for seamless continuous shooting and support for the FAST AF system. This new processor delivers excellent dynamic range, accurate colour fidelity and reduced noise, all the way up to maximum 25,600 ISO.
- WORLD'S FASTEST AUTOFOCUS - The E-M5's “FAST” contrast type AF system is the worlds fastest so you can follow the action no matter how fast it is happening. The 35 area AF design assures offers the flexibility of choosing a 9 AF area or single AF area pattern to match the situation. Sophisticated “Eye Detection” function allows the photographer to set this feature to detect the right or left eye.
- IN-BODY IMAGE STABILIZATION - The E-M5 features an all new “5 axis” In-body Image Stabilization system that for the first time can compensate for not only vertical and horizontal camera movement, but as well for rotational camera shake that previous systems could not handle. It is effective for up to five shutter speed steps*. As it is built-in to the body, all lenses are stabilized, including wide-angle and fisheye lenses.
- 3" 610,000 DOT TILT/TOUCH OLED - Dust and Splash Proof like the body; tilt and touch LCD gives you the flexibility to capture your image from low on the ground to above your head, or at any angle. The 100 percent accurate LCD delivers precise compositional previews. The touch navigation feature allows the shooter to control various functions in the shooting and playback modes with the touch of a finger.
- ART FILTERS - A series of 11 built-in Art Filters, including the all new “Key Line” filter let you create dramatic effects when shooting stills or video. The innovative Art Filters including Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale and Light Colour, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Gentle Sepia, Cross Process, Dramatic Tone and the new Key Line filter, can all be used in all the shooting modes - Aperture, Shutter, Program and Manual modes. Certain Art Filter effects can even be combined, and creative frames can also be overlaid, all right in the camera.
- RUGGED CONSTRUCTION - Magnesium-alloy and Aluminum construction coupled with advanced splash and dust protection, make the E-M5 the perfect choice for photographers who need a camera that is not limited by harsh environments and that they can depend on in any situation.
- DUST REDUCTION SYSTEM - The E-M5's proven Dust Reduction System, with the Supersonic Wave Filter™ (SWF) self-cleaning ultrasonic sensor unit, eliminates dust particles on the sensor by silently vibrating an amazing 30,000 times per second, ensuring spot-free images. It is a sealed unit integrated into the stabilizer/sensor assembly.
- SHUTTER DURABILITY - Durable shutter mechanism tested to 100,000 cycles. The pro-level shutter ensures reliability, even during extended burst shooting at nine frames per second.
- DATA STORAGE - The E-M5 accepts SD- SDHC/SDXC, cards in a weatherproof slot. This media format possesses the ultra-fast data transfer speeds necessary to support burst shooting with simultaneous recording of RAW and JPEG files as well as HD Movie recording.
- MULTIPLE EXPOSURE - Multiple Exposure makes heightened creativity an easily-obtained objective. Two frames can be combined, and portions of one can be combined with those of another in any of the shooting modes. Additional RAW frames can be overlaid in the playback mode.
- MULTIPLE ASPECT RATIOS - Express yourself by altering how you frame the world -- choose from nine aspect ratios, from the standard 4:3 to the cinematic 16:9. By selecting an aspect ratio before shooting and easily reviewing images on the LCD throughout the shoot, the Multi-Aspect function adds a new means of expression to your photography.
- WIRELESS FLASH CONTROL - The E-M5 is compatible with a range of optional external flashes, including the Olympus FL-300R and FL-600R. Both of these flashes can be controlled wirelessly by the E-M5 so you can dynamically control lighting as your photography skills grow. The E-M5 features a commander function incorporated into the included clip on FL-LM2 flash, making wireless multi-flash photography possible without using an outside commander.
- DIGITAL LEVELER - The camera's Digital Leveler function is a highly functional and practical feature for such specialized requirements as architectural photography and other similar needs. It can be displayed on the 3” OLED monitor or in the EVF.
- HD VIDEO - Shoot movies at full 1080 HD resolution with available manual control over aperture and shutter speed. This level of control allows you to express your vision exactly how you want in your HD videos. When shooting a movie you have the choice of Standard or HD Movie with or without the 11 Art Filters, total movie creativity is in your control. Record movies in the .avi or .mov formats.
- MOVIE EFFECTS - One Shot Echo, for a semi-transparent frame at your whim and Multi Echo, for a multi-motion trail effect.
Powerful Portability and Rugged Durability
Intuitively Designed Electronic Viewfinder
The OM-D's new electronic viewfinder (EVF), with 120 fps refresh rate, features a high-resolution 1.44-million dot LCD, 100% field-of-view coverage, and 1.15x maximum magnification that let you totally immerse yourself in your subject, and actively control image creation. The EVF also enables you to enlarge the focus point for precision focusing in virtually any shooting situation, and can show you the effect of Highlight & Shadow Control, White Balance, Exposure Compensation, Aspect Ratio, and a host of other settings and advanced digital image processing functions right in the viewfinder. With improved precision and responsiveness that make it as easy to use as an optical viewfinder, the E-M5's advanced EVF gives you virtually unlimited creative control. Eye sensor technology automatically activates the EVF when you bring the camera to eye level.
Dust-proof & Splash-proof Construction
Trouble-free shooting in all environments is assured by our proven dust-proof and splash-proof technology. Multiple ring-shaped seals protect the camera from sand, dust, rain, and water spray, making it ideal for all kinds of outdoor shooting. What's more, the OM-D extends this protection to the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-50mm F3.5-6.3 EZ lens, the bundled attachable flash unit, and the optional grip with power battery holder.
Two full size control dials in concert with dedicated function buttons allow fast setting changes on the fly. Adjust highlight and shadow, exposure, white balance, aspect ratio and more and preview the results instantly in the EVF or on the tilting 3” OLED touch screen.
Lenses and Accessories
In addition to the new electronic motorized M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-50mm F3.5-6.3 EZ lens with quiet, linear drive AF, the OM-D is supported by an ever-expanding range of wide-angle, macro, portrait, and telephoto Micro Four Thirds M.ZUIKO DIGITAL lenses. System accessories include cases, straps, filters, external flash units, and mount adapters for Four Thirds System lenses and OM System lenses.
Superior Image Quality
All New Sensor
A new 16-megapixel Live MOS image sensor for rich tonal expression, increased dynamic range and support for a maximum 25,600 maximum ISO.
M.Zuiko Digital Lenses
A wide line-up of Micro Four Thirds lenses featuring the most advanced optical designs and performance take full advantage of the sensor’s capabilities.
Micro Four Thirds will also include two new lenses that Olympus will introduce later this year: the ED 75mm f1.8 and the ED 60mm f2.8 macro. The 75mm lens is a high-quality metal design with fast aperture settings for portraits and indoor sports shooting, while the dustproof and splashproof 60mm lens features 1:1 macro and a closest shooting distance of just 7.5 inches.
The TruePic VI image processor delivers superb colour fidelity and the fast performance required for continuous still shooting and movie capture. The optimal balance of these three factors ensures the high resolution, sensitivity, and colour accuracy you need to brilliantly capture the world around you.
5-Axis Image Stabilization
The E-M5 is equipped with the world's first 5-axis image stabilization system, and can compensate for vertical, horizontal, and rotational camera shake that conventional 2-axis systems of the past have been unable to handle. Built into the camera body to ensure effective stabilization with all lenses, its unique 5-axis design makes it particularly effective when taking high-magnification telephoto shots, macro close-ups, and long exposures. In addition, it can be activated by pressing the shutter button halfway, so you can also use it to stabilize the viewfinder image and obtain a crisp, clear view of your subject that makes it easy to frame and compose your shots.
The world's fastest* AF system, FAST AF, has been made even faster and more accurate on the E-M5. Improved new 3D Tracking AF assures you won't miss the moment even when subjects move toward or away from you, and the new high-sensitivity image sensor ensures superior AF performance even in dim light.
* Among digital cameras with interchangeable lenses available as of February 8, 2012, when using the OLYMPUS M. ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-50mm F3.5-6.3 EZ lens with the E-M5, based on Olympus in-house measurement conditions.
9 fps High-Speed Sequential Shooting
Thanks to the new 16-megapixel Live MOS image sensor's high-speed read-out performance, the E-M5 offers maximum sequential shooting at 9 fps, making it easy to capture sports action or fast-moving subjects such as pets, kids and wildlife. In addition, a compact new high-speed shutter mechanism enables the E-M5 to offer this performance without compromising the handling advantages of a light and compact body.
Face and Eye Detection AF
Improved Eye detection lets you choose from left or right eye priority modes to get the correct focus point quickly for perfect portraits every time. Up to 8 separate faces can be detected by the AF system.
3D AF Tracking
Advanced “predictive” AF system can track moving subjects moving not only on the x and y axis but along the z-axis as well. The system uses face, colour, and pattern information and can support 4.2 fps continuous frame rates.
Tilting 3-inch OLED Touchscreen
In addition to offering dial and button controls, the E-M5 is the first Olympus camera to feature a tilting touchscreen monitor for intuitive fingertip operation. The 3-inch OLED touchscreen delivers high-resolution images of your subject with rich colour reproduction. It also responds instantly to your touch with fast operation that makes it easy to focus on subjects, play back images, and adjust settings such as exposure and white balance.
In-Camera Art Filters
11 Art Filters that can be applied to both still photos and HD movies right in the camera. Apply these filters instantly while shooting or apply post capture. Combine Art Filter effects for custom variations. Apply frames for even more creative control.
Unleash your imagination by combining JPEG frames with overlay preview to produce your own unique vision. Additional RAW frames can be overlaid in the playback edit mode for nearly unlimited possibilities.
Choose from 5 different Aspect ratios while shooting to get the special compositional effect your photo deserves – traditional 4:3 and 3:2, 16:9 for cinematic effect or 6:6 that emulates the medium format look.
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 Micro Four Thirds Digital Camera Body (Silver)
- 12-50mm Lens
- Front/Rear Lens Caps
- FL-LM2 Flash Unit
- BLN-1 Lithium-Ion Battery
- BCN-1 Battery Charger
- Body Cap
- USB Cable
- A/V Cable
- Shoulder Strap
- Olympus Viewer 2 CD-ROM
- Limited Warranty