EPIC Camera System
GigaPan EPIC Camera System
Images show GigaPan Epic with optional equipment (not included).
The EPIC Robotic Camera Mount from GigaPan is a unique robotic camera mount that lets you use your small digital camera to capture gigapixel panoramic images. It is easy to use and remarkably efficient.
Simply set the corners of the panorama you want to capture using the EPIC's LCD interface. The embedded software works out how many photos your camera will need to take, hundreds or even thousands. Then the EPIC begins snapping the photos, automatically organizing them in overlapping rows and columns. After shooting, the included GigaPan Stitch software assembles, aligns and blends the individual images into one large panorama. The software then uploads your panorama to GigaPan.com for sharing. You also can upload your panorama onto any website.
For a list of compatible cameras, click here.
The following equipment is needed for using the EPIC:
- A tripod capable of supporting the EPIC and your camera
- 6 x AA NiMH batteries (rechargeable ones are preferred) Please Note: If using alkaline batteries, having a spare set is strongly recommended.
- Your digital camera
- A memory card (minimum of 4GB is recommended)
- Includes fully integrated software - GigaPan Stitch, which automatically combines the images captured by the GigaPan EPIC into a single brilliant panorama
- Share, store, and explore, by uploading your gigapixel panorama to GigaPan.com Capture over 20 pictures per minute; indoor or night-time shots require longer shutter times and can take longer. Using the 2-second camera delay allows the GigaPan Imager and tripod to settle before each picture
- The GigaPan Imager can be used in snow, rain and wind
- Supports 360° panoramic and 60-90° tilt ranges-of-motion
- Pause and Scroll functions give you the ability to recapture a specific photo or photos in the sequence
- The time between exposures is adjustable
- The EPIC moves your camera with precise incremental movements of 0.36°
- The device is compact, yet robust and durable
- A stainless steel mounting arm minimizes flex and vibrations
- It is easy to navigate the EPIC's menu with a highly visible LCD screen
- The built-in bubble level lets you quickly position the EPIC for a perfect horizon
- Scale and marking features enable repeatable adjustment
- The anti-slip camera pad keeps your equipment from slipping out of position
- Features a sleek design with strong cast-aluminum chassis
- The EPIC has a battery tray that is easy to remove and refill
- Controllable backlit screen can be set to "On" or "Auto" for low-light conditions, or "Off" for daylight conditions, minimizing battery drain
- GigaPan EPIC Robotic Camera Mount
- GigaPan Stitch Software
- Limited Warranty