Epson Stylus Pro 7900 Printer
For more than a decade, Epson has set the standard by which all other photographic printing technologies are judged. So, when we decided to develop an entirely new generation of photographic printing technology, the significance of this effort inspired our engineers to rethink everything.
Representing our next generation, the Epson Stylus Pro 7900 (24-Inch) and Epson Stylus Pro 9900 (44-Inch) incorporate the latest achievements in photographic inkjet technology. By combining the precision of our MicroPiezo TFP™ print head with the extraordinary performance of Epson UltraChrome® HDR inks, this newest generation of Epson Stylus® Pro printers continue to represent a level of technology unprecedented in Epson's history.
Epson AccuPhoto™ HDR Screening
- Advanced ten-color screening algorithm resulting in prints with superior color and clarity
- Maximum resolution of 2880 x 1440 dpi for incredibly sharp text and line art
- Produces extremely fine blends and photographic transitions
- Extremely accurate highlight-to-shadow details
- No visible photographic graininess due to the printing process*
- Ensures consistent color balance regardless of the viewing light source
- When combined with the precise dot placement accuracy of the Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head, overall photographic print quality is dramatically improved
Epson PreciseColor™ Manufacturing
In order to ensure consistent printing between multiple Stylus Pro printers of the same model, Epson has refined the manufacturing process to include colorimetric calibration. Eliminating the need for internal calibration devices, this system evaluates and adjusts each printer's performance at the manufacturing stage, ensuring consistent color output from printer to printer and print to print.
Automatic Print Head Alignment
- Built-in sensor performs highly precise alignments of all color channels
- Aligns both single and bi-directional print modes
Next Generation Ten-Color Pigment-Based Ink System
- Unique High Dynamic Range (HDR) pigments for an extremely wide color gamut
- Ten-color printing system including all-new orange and green inks
- Designed to work with Epson AccuPhoto HDR screening technology
- Professional print permanence ratings
- Outstanding short-term color stability for mission critical proofing applications
- Improved Microcrystal Encapsulation™ Technology for reduced gloss differential
- Improved black density up to 2.6 with an L* value ~3.0
Three-Level Black Ink Technology
- Simultaneously uses Black, Light Black, and Light Light Black inks
- Significantly improves the gray balance while eliminating colorcasts
- Outstanding highlight-to-shadow grayscale accuracy for a smoother tonal range
- Virtually eliminates any bronzing of basic pigment chemistry
- Enhances the ICC profiling process for ColorSync™ and ICM™ workflows
Automatic Black Ink Mode Switching
With both Photo and Matte Black ink cartridges installed simultaneously, the Epson Stylus Pro 900 series printers automatically utilize the optimal black ink mode, delivering maximum black density for the chosen media. Taking advantage of the Epson MicroPiezo TFP auto-sharing black ink channel ensures a fast and efficient switch. And to further reduce switching errors, the user confirms the switching process from the front control panel.
The standard Photo Black ink mode can be used for any media type with professional results. However, for certain Epson media types such as Velvet Fine Art, Enhanced Matte, and UltraSmooth Fine Art, using the optional Matte Black ink mode instead, will dramatically increase your black optical density for even better print quality.
Professional Media Handling
- Compatible with virtually any media type, in roll or cut sheet, up to 24-inch wide
- Accurate loading of cut-sheet media up to 1.5mm thick posterboard
- All media is front-loaded via a unique straight-through media path
- Printer and driver based media identification and synchronization system for virtually error-free media use
- Media bin safely captures multiple prints up to 24" x 36"
Epson ePlaten™ Media Loading Technology
- Accurate automatic media loading, movement, and tracking
- Electronically controlled roll media rewind and take-up
- Automatic roll media rewind upon media release
Spindle-Free Roll Media Loading
- User-adjustable roll media adapters accepts either 2- or 3-inch media cores
- Simple tension lever ensures quick and secure media core loading
- Designed with Epson ePlaten Technology for highly-accurate roll media usage
- Additional media adapter pairs available as an accessory for efficient roll media switching
High Performance Rotary Cutting System
- Durable rotary cutter, designed to be virtually maintenance free
- High performance cutting speeds – cuts 24" to 44" wide rolls in under two seconds
- Off-carriage cutting system eliminates media dust within critical components
- Capable of cutting virtually any media type, including most canvas and fine art papers
High Performance Print Engine Speeds
Utilizing our latest print head technology, the Epson Stylus Pro 900 series printers are among the fastest wide-format printers in the industry.
||16" x 20"
||20" x 30"
|Fine – 720 dpi HS*
|SuperFine – 1440 dpi HS*
|SuperPhoto – 2880 dpi HS*
Epson Intelligent High-Capacity Ink System
- Pressurized ink cartridge technology ensures reliable ink delivery at all print speeds, while dramatically reducing the physical size of the ink cartridges
- Eleven individual ink cartridges; available in 150ml, 350ml, and 700ml fill capacities
- On-the-fly ink cartridge replacement for increased productivity
- Mix and match across all three ink cartridge sizes
Easy-to-Use Front Control Panel
- High-resolution 2.5" color LCD for improved viewing of printer status
- Simple button layout for all navigation and basic printer functions
Epson SpectroProofer™ 24"
- Optional 24-inch wide spectrophotometer developed jointly with X-Rite®
- Simple installation fits cleanly into the front of the Epson Stylus Pro 7900
- Incorporates a high-performance X-Rite ILS20 spectrophotometer for extreme measurement accuracy below 0.2 dE94
- UV-cut and non-UV-cut versions available at time of purchase
- Both black or white interchangeable backing plates included
- Built-in print dryer to accelerate the dry-down and reading process
- When driven by the latest software RIP front-ends, Epson SpectroProofer can automate virtually any color management process in your workflow
- Standard connectivity includes one USB 2.0 and one 10/100 BaseT Ethernet port
- Professional Epson Photographic Drivers for Macintosh® and Windows®
- Fully supported by most leading third party RIPs and workflows
- Advanced web-based printer information and management system
- Automatically tracks consumables usage and print job information regardless of location
- Provides real-time cost-per-print estimates and print-job-run information
- Create various reports using actual print job information
- Provides remote printer monitoring and alert capability
- Secure information management using the latest encryption technologies
- True web-based fleet-wide printer management via secure web-based account
* Fees may apply.
World Class Service and Support
- Includes one year of limited coverage under the Epson PreferredSM Protection Plan with toll-free telephone support available Monday through Friday and usually next-business-day on-site service
- Optional one- or two-year Epson Preferred Plus service plans available\
- Thin Film Piezo (TFP) print head design capable of handling ten separate ink channels
- One-inch wide high-performance print head with 360 nozzles per channel
- Auto-sharing black ink channel technology
- Low vibration meniscus control for highly accurate dot shape and placement
- All-new ink repelling coating to dramatically reduce nozzle clogging
- Produces variable-sized droplets as small as 3.5 picoliter to greatly decrease print times while optimizing photographic quality
Epson SP 7900 / 9900 Color Ink Set 11 Carts 350 ml
Colour ink set includes one 350 ml cartridge each of: Photo Black, Cyan, Vivid Magenta, Yellow, Light Cyan, Vivid Light Magenta, Light Black, Matte Black, Light Light Black, Orange & Green.
In Stock - ships in 1 to 2 business days
Epson SP 7900 / 9900 Color Ink Set 11 Carts 700ml
Colour ink set includes one 700ml cartridge each of: Photo Black, Cyan, Vivid Magenta, Yellow, Light Cyan, Vivid Light Magenta, Light Black, Matte Black, Light Light Black, Orange & Green.
In Stock - ships in 1 to 2 business days
Epson SP 7900 / 9900 Color Ink Set 11 Carts 150ml
Colour ink set includes one 150 ml cartridge each of: Photo Black, Cyan, Vivid Magenta, Yellow, Light Cyan, Vivid Light Magenta, Light Black, Matte Black, Light Light Black, Orange & Green.
In Stock - ships in 1 to 2 business days