Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Pro - USB 3.0
The Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Pro has a built-in USB 3.0 interface that offers high-speed connectivity (4.8 Gb/s); it transmits high-quality uncompressed 10 bit HD video with maximum real-time effects and the audio level meters help in accurate audio level calibration. With an innovative design, the UltraStudio Pro has a clean front-look having all the cables hidden. Made of solid metal, the unit is strong to withstand most harsh broadcast environments.
With a powerful image processor for 10 bit quality hardware up, down, and cross conversion, the UltraStudio Pro allows quick editing and deployment in SD, 720HD, or 1080HD resolutions so that CPU time is dedicated to real-time effects.
Adobe Premiere Pro's 8 audio channels prove useful for high-quality, 5.1 surround sound editing. The unit includes a full suite of Premiere Pro plug-ins with deck control and full support for 8 and 10 bit uncompressed AVI and QuickTime files, and Motion JPEG. Adobe After Effects makes for quality broadcast graphics and animation. Special Photoshop plug-ins can directly capture and output still frames from within the Photoshop application itself. The Media Express software allows you to batch capture and playback DPX, uncompressed YUV, and MJPEG files. With the SD digital internal keyer you can key RGBA images over the video input.
You can connect the UltraStudio Pro to cameras and digital set top boxes via HDMI and get quality video from cameras. Video and audio connections include 3 Gb/s SDI, HDMI, analog component, composite, s-video, 4-channel analog audio, down converted SD-SDI output, 2 channel AES/ EBU audio, genlock/tri-sync, and RS-422 deck control connections.
UltraStudio Pro even includes a broadcast quality 7' (2 m) breakout cable, so you'll save hundreds of dollars on expensive professional cables! There's even an independent SDI output that's down converted for simultaneous HD and SD monitoring while you work. The built-in up, down and cross converter lets you edit in one format, and then output to any HD or SD format. UltraStudio Pro connects to a massive range of video and audio equipment for capture and playback in SD and HD. You get separate connections for 3 Gb/s SDI, HDMI, analog component, composite, s-video, 2 ch AES/EBU, 4 ch XLR analog audio, down converted SD-SDI output, genlock/tri-sync and deck control. Perfect for HDCAM, HD-D5, HDCAM SR, Betacam SP, Digital Betacam, televisions and more.
1. SD-SDI OUT - Always down converted when running in HD.
2. S-Video IN and OUT - Connect to DV players and monitors.
3. Composite IN and OUT - Connect to TVs, VCRs, DVRs.
4. Four-channel XLR Analog Audio Inputs - Connect to professional analog decks.
5. Four-channel XLR Analog Audio Outputs - Connect to professional analog decks and mixers. Ch 3 and 4 can switch to AES/EBU outputs.
6. AES/EBU Audio IN and OUT - Connect audio to DAT and field recorders, mixers and onboard equipment.
7. Component IN and OUT - Connect to analog decks, DV and Hi8 cameras, DVD and VCR players, TVs, set top boxes and gaming consoles.
8. Reference In - Connect to Genlock/Tri-Sync source.
9. RS-422 Remote - Connect to control broadcast decks.
Advanced Broadcast Technology
- Offers more video and audio connections, high-quality up, down, and cross conversion, full 10 bit video, internal SD keying
- Includes a massive number of video and audio connections including 3 Gb/s SDI, HDMI, analog component, composite, s-video, 4 channels XLR analog audio, 2 channels AES/EBU audio with sample rate converter, genlock/tri-sync, and RS-422 deck control connections
- Includes a broadcast quality 7'/2m breakout cable
- An independent SDI output down converted for simultaneous HD and SD monitoring
- The built-in up, down, and cross converter lets you edit once and deploy in SD, 720HD, or 1080HD so that all CPU time is dedicated to real-time effects
- Comes with a clean front-look, hiding the cables behind the unit
- Built-in audio and video connections keep your studio neat
- Includes audio level meters for accurate audio level calibration
- Chassis is machined from solid metal with high-grip silicon feet, that provides the unit enough strength to withstand harsh broadcast environments
- Connects to a massive range of video and audio equipment for capture and playback in SD and HD
- Separate connections for 3 Gb/s SDI, HDMI, analog component, composite, s-video, 2 channels of AES/EBU with sample rate converter, 4 channels of XLR analog audio, down converted SD-SDI output, genlock/trisync and deck control
- Ideal for HDCAM, HD-D5, HDCAM SR, Betacam SP, Digital Betacam, televisions
Incredible Speed USB 3.0 and More HD Real-time Effects
- The SuperSpeed USB 3.0, which is 10 times faster than regular USB, allows high-quality 10 bit HD video capture and playback
- A running speed of 4.8 Gb/s easily handles the highest quality 10 bit uncompressed 1080HD video
- Supports x58 series or better Windows computers
- Does not waste CPU time compressing video just for playback
- All CPU time is dedicated to HD real-time effects
Powerful Image Processor
- Includes a fast video processor for incredible 10 bit quality hardware up, down, and cross conversion
- Allows to edit once and deploy in SD, 720HD, or 1080HD so that all CPU time is dedicated to real-time effects
- Allows to select between letterbox, anamorphic 16:9, and pillar-box 4:3 video
- Down conversion, when working in HD video, lets you monitor in SD and HD at the same time with s-video and composite video outputs active
Adobe Premiere Pro
- Includes a full suite of Premiere Pro plug-ins with deck control and full support for 8 and 10 bit uncompressed AVI and QuickTime files, plus Motion JPEG
- Supports Premiere Pro's 8 channels of audio, making for high-quality 5.1 surround sound editing
- Includes features such as RT effects, RS-422 deck control, and frame accurate batch capture
Adobe After Effects
- Useful for graphics and animation
- Provides full RAM preview playback
- You can use Media Express with After Effects for capture and playback in QuickTime, AVI and even DPX files
- Includes special Photoshop plug-ins, allowing you to directly capture and output still frames from within the Photoshop application itself
- You can use 'keying to export' and live key graphics from the video input using Photoshop alpha channels
- You can see the correct colour and the effects of video interlace and field movement by outputting Photoshop graphics from the unit
Media Express Software
- Allows you to batch capture and playback DPX, uncompressed YUV and MJPEG files
- Allows you to create your own playlist
- Supports CMX EDL import and export, frame accurate deck control via RS-422 and will even insert and assemble to tape
- Allows you to grab still frames from your deck
Direct HDMI Connections
- Gets connected to cameras and digital set top boxes via HDMI for the highest quality
- HDMI output monitors editing with real-time effects on the latest big screen televisions and video projectors
Built-in Hardware SD Keyer
- Allows you to key RGBA images over the video input
- Used with Blackmagic Design's Photoshop plug-ins, or RGBA animated video software for keying
- Can key over HDMI and analog video
- Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Pro
- Media Express
- Disk Speed Test
- Blackmagic Control Panel
- Blackmagic Driver on Windows
- Limited Warranty